MPLS or Multiprotocol Label Switching is a protocol for efficiently managing network traffic flows. It’s an excellent network solution for enterprises requiring collaborative working across their organisation and / or with their customers and suppliers.
MPLS offers customers a way to prioritise mission-critical connections within a service. Businesses looking to increase their network efficiency and scalability typically consider using MPLS.
Features & Benefits
- Allows sharing of large network resources with private routing for customer traffic
- Proactive management on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis with an SLA guaranteeing network availability
- Network design customised to business requirements, allowing for configuration and making it easy to set up new paths and bring on new sites
- QoS – Quality of Service can be applied meaning the customer can determine the prioritisation levels associated with different types of network traffic
- Resilience – Traffic is sent on predetermined paths which can be changed automatically in the event of a failure on one path
- Additional services such as Advanced Security and SIP Voice can be added
AirSpeed offers a consultative workshop approach when you contact us. We start by gaining an understanding of your existing telecommunications infrastructure. We will then get an appreciation of what business needs are driving your requirements now and in the medium-term future.
This discussion often facilitates the identification of opportunities for efficiencies and where additional functionality can be achieved with resulting cost savings. AirSpeed will agree a solution design with clearly defined deliverables.
What Our Customers Say
“Our guests love the fast Wi-Fi, they say it’s lightning-fast, and they appreciate the security. Our guests have the option of using the free wireless connection which is unique to them and their room.”
“With SIP trunking we will also be able to enhance our disaster recovery plan. In the event of an incident at one of our sites, we’ll be able to seamlessly redirect all our calls to our disaster recovery site.”
“We had already seen that AirSpeed could help us with some technical challenges at one of our sites, and we decided to work with them for our entire data infrastructure. They were ready to help us with a major challenge.”