Morrison Hotel in Dublin, part of the global Hilton franchise, is using […]
The Advantages of Leased Lines – Get up to Speed!
With all the various terminology, sometimes it can be difficult to decipher the advantages of a particular fibre service such as leased lines and how the choice of one service type over another can dramatically alter your experience.
We’ve all heard the network deployment announcements, seen the high-vis vests on the roadside or even directly experienced high-speed connectivity and how it can transform your business. Specifically, in relation to fibre networks, we know it’s fast as the data travels at the speed of light!
With all the various terminology, sometimes it can be difficult to decipher the advantages of a particular fibre service and how the choice of one service type over another can dramatically alter your experience.
Let’s look at what a leased line (also known as data line or private circuit) is and the advantages of leased lines for business . Leased lines provide private, symmetric (identical upload and download speeds) connections between two or more locations at a fixed rental regardless of usage. These connections are not shared with other users – so you have 100% benefit of the capacity all of the time.
Typically, the advantages of leased lines include:
- Reliability – With Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) offered giving you increased peace of mind, connectivity is increasing offered with diverse connectivity for resilience on mission critical circuits
- Scalability – Bandwidth can be easily scaled as your requirement for capacity grows
- Support – With proactive network monitoring in 24 x 7 x 365 Network Operation Centres, support and in life service assurance is the norm for leased lines
- Security – Leased line connectivity are dedicated or private and your traffic is not shared with any third-party traffic
- Managed Services – Some operators offer a leased lines managed service meaning that your connection is managed end-to-end, giving you peace of mind.
When it comes to service choice, there are no right or wrong answers and it will clearly change from business to business. However, if consistent, stable bandwidth is required – especially for mission critical applications – then leased lines should be considered.
What Our Customers Say
“Our guests love the fast Wi-Fi, they say it’s lightning-fast, and they appreciate the security. Our guests have the option of using the free wireless connection which is unique to them and their room.”
“With SIP trunking we will also be able to enhance our disaster recovery plan. In the event of an incident at one of our sites, we’ll be able to seamlessly redirect all our calls to our disaster recovery site.”
“We had already seen that AirSpeed could help us with some technical challenges at one of our sites, and we decided to work with them for our entire data infrastructure. They were ready to help us with a major challenge.”